Tuesday 22 November 2011

HELLO - LONG TIME NO SEE!

Hello again - it's been so long since my last post that you must have thought I'd left cyberspace for  good -apologies for my long absence to friends and visitors to this blog. Much has happened to prevent my fingers dancing across the laptop keyboard, but by far the most significant is the sudden loss of my dear brother Steve Robinson.

When we lose someone we love, other priorities in our lives lose their importance. But it was a blessing that Martin and I were in Victoria for the Woodend Teddy Bear Show at the time of Steve's death. We were able to drive from Woodend to Morwell that day to be with his daughter, Alma, and to grieve with her and Steve's friends.

Steve in his younger days
Steve will be sorely missed by all who knew him - he was a beautiful man.

Our last photo of Steve
I want to thank my 'beary' friends at the Woodend Teddy Bear Show for their support and kindness, especially our dear friends, Claire and John Evans, who looked after my critters until we were able to return to the show.

This was another blessing - to have the comfort of friends around us, and to enjoy the opportunity of sharing our mutual love of teddy bears with visitors to this special show, before returning to Morwell.


Some of my critters found new homes at the show, and say farewell here.

BARE BEAR

MANNING
RODNEY




BENJI 















4 comments:

  1. I'm feeling for you. Special love and Hugs go your way.
    Hugs
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear friend. Your support has been especially encouraging. Good friends are a wonderful gift.
    Big hugs,
    Kayzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine loosing one of my sisters. On a lighter note, congrats on the sale of your critters. Hugs, Maddyrose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kindness, Maddyrose. And yes, it was great to see my critters adopted, especially by folk who genuinely love them.
    Hugs,
    Kayzy

    ReplyDelete

So glad you dropped in! We love friends to visit, so please come again soon.